About this Recipe
Recipe by: Álex Vargas
Photos by: Álex Vargas
- 1 (16-ounce) package of firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pinch of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (for color)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Heat olive oil in medium skillet pan on medium heat.
Add red, yellow pepper, potato and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep ingredients from sticking to pan.
Shred drained tofu into small pieces using your hands. Add tofu to skillet. Add salt, cumin, pepper, garlic powder, and turmeric. Let cook for 10 minutes. You can serve with fried beans and avocado. Enjoy!