About this Recipe
Recipe by: Christine Garcia
Photos by: Katya Galbis
- 1 (8-ounce) container of vegan sour cream (optional)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped/sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup grated vegan cheese (optional)
- 2 avocados, mashed or guacamole
- 1 cup salsa (make your own red salsa or green chile salsa)
- 3/4 cup or more diced tomatoes (optional)
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced black olives
- 1/2 cup diced/chopped green onions (optional)
If using, in a medium bowl stir together the vegan sour cream and jalapeño peppers. Set aside.
Now heat the beans on medium heat. Stir in taco seasoning until hot.
In a shallow serving dish, spread bean mixture about 1/2 inch thick.
If using, sprinkle the grated vegan cheese over the hot beans (this will help it melt).
Follow this by layering on the mashed avocado, salsa, and the optional tomatoes, and if using, spoon on the vegan sour cream/jalapeño mixture. Finally, you can top with olives and/or green onions. Additional avocado slices can also be placed on top.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips and don’t forget to ENJOY!