Recipe courtesy of Nicole Paquette
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Makes 6 enchiladas
1 can (15 oz) of enchilada sauce
1 can (15 oz) of vegetarian refried beans
1 onion – diced
1 bell pepper - diced
6 to 10 mushrooms – sliced
1 package of cheddar Vegan Rella or other vegan alternative, grated (OPTIONAL)
6 flour tortillas
1 small can (6 oz) of chopped olives
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Oil baking dish (8x11 Pyrex dish or similar size)
3. Sauté onions and peppers in vegetable oil for approximately 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
4. Add mushrooms and sauté for approximately 2 to 3 more minutes.
5. Heat refried beans over medium heat.
6. Place flour tortilla on a plate and place beans, a spoonful of enchilada sauce, spoonful of vegetable mixture, a handful of vegan grated cheese, and portion of olives on the tortilla.
7. Roll the tortilla and place in baking dish. Continue process for remaining 5 tortillas.
8. Once all 6 are in baking dish, cover the enchiladas with the remainder of the enchilada sauce.
9. Place on top of the enchiladas any remaining ingredient (beans, vegetable mixture, vegan cheese, olives).
10. Bake in oven 20 to 25 minutes.
Copyright 2007, 2011 Food Empowerment Project, P.O. Box 7322, Cotati, CA 94931